2007/04/12

歷久彌新 Stand the Test

How to develop a habit of learning English?


I dislike that someone asks me how to get high grades on test.

I mean language is a tool for most speakers to use, bot for the test.

If you want to need some suggestions of high grades,

I think this is a wrong place for you to refer to my methods.

As time goes by, in my opinion,

the way to deal with exams may not stand the test of learning.


1.Reading the news

 News are alwayas contained with morden and correctly-gammered vocabulary, phrases and sentences. Such as CNN, Time and Wikipedia, they are all excellent guides for learning materials without charging any paymant. 3 articales a day keep you familiar with English. In addition, write down the words unknown with intact sentences. Because of reading the articles, you may get some background of materials, and that helps you memorize the words, even use them in your usual life.


2.Trying to listen

 Afetr accumulating some words as your base, you may try listen to some formal programs such as CNN news and BBC radio. Their pronunciation is so indigenious and can do more help om listening. Besides, try to get the details from your listening, it may need time to get improved. So just keep trying!


3.Speaking practice

 When you are in bath, you can ask yourself some yes-or-no and pro-or-con queations to train the skill of speaking. This behavior looks ridiculous and clousy, but it definitely develops the sense of organization and construction. Last but not least, all the accumulation is for the goal of communication and sharing with each other! They are not time-consuming but demand your efforts.

2 則留言:

  1. I cannot agree with you more. Languages should be a tool for you to communicate with

    people and to learn about the world.

    Scorces mean nothing at all. The best way to master any language is to view it as a tool

    and practice it frequently.

    BTW, it's very nice to see your blog.

    回覆刪除
  2. andreaskuo21/4/07 11:28

    Oops...Thanks for your visiting! I'm so surprised.

    Cause I am trying to be seclusive with this blog by means of

    transporting from MSN space that someone may find.

    Actually, in my opinion,

    It's sort of romanticism of me to meet someone here unexpectedly,

    and hope them to leave some messages or sentiment to me.

    Moreover, would you like to share your blog or space with me?

    I'll visit there usually with all my sincerity.

    回覆刪除